|Date Posted||April 14, 2018|
PeopleNet's Systems Security Engineer will play a critical role in the delivery and security of systems and services for both internal and external customers. The ideal person for this position will have an excellent awareness of security principles for both public/private cloud environments along with mobile systems. This person will also need to adapt to dynamic customer requirements, solutions, and stakeholder requirements to ensure we maintain functional intent while meeting all security needs. This position will work closely with the stakeholders and team members to make sure there is a clear understanding of requirements, constraints, and that the project team has addressed those requirements within the deliverable.
* Establishes system controls by developing and applying an industry recognized framework for controls and levels of access; recommending associated process improvements.
* Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
* Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
* Establishes computer and physical security standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities, supply chain and IS; recommending improvements.
* Develops procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness
* Manage security posture of desktops, servers and cloud services
* Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enable monitoring and correlation of multiple disparate logging systems
* Work with teams to use past projects to identify and document risks and mitigation plans
* Manage priorities according to business needs and team member availability
* 4-year degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of System Security experience
* Experience working with both internal and external customers
* Experience with establishing security standards
* Scripting analysis and reporting from multiple logging frameworks
* Experience with multiple Federated Identity Management frameworks
* Ability to conduct internal security audits, vulnerability scans and penetration tests
* Experience with cloud platform (AWS) security management
* Good problem solving capabilities
* Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
* Ensure that compliance with industry standard frameworks is best for the organization
* Multiple Security Certifications, CISSP strongly preferred
* Multiple AWS certifications, Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer Professional level prefered
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or engineering
* Deep understanding of Active Directory, SAML 2.0 and Auth0 Identity Management frameworks
* Desire to have everything in the world properly logged, classified, metric measured and reported
* Experience with patch and vulnerability management solutions for desktop, server and cloud
* Problem solving expert level
* Ability to educate teams as to how proper security procedures can actually reduce support incidents
* Excitement about managing complex multi-OS environments including Windows, Mac and Linux in a coherent and functional manner
* Writing reports and alerts for systems like Splunk, SumoLogic, ELK, and/or Graylog
* Delivering audit reports and remediations to upper management with authority
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.