Architect, Cloud Security
|Published||May 19, 2023|
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we're excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you're guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Architects to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Cloud Security Architect, you will partner with engineering, infrastructure, and security teams to develop secure cloud architectures with balanced sets of controls that align internal standards with key external regulations and current best practices.
What you'll do:
* Develop and maintain a cloud security strategy aligned with the company's overall security objectives, including identification of security risks and implementation of controls to mitigate those risks.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Engineering and IT teams, to design and implement secure cloud-based architectures and solutions.
* Evaluate existing cloud infrastructure and applications for security vulnerabilities and make recommendations for remediation.
* Design and implement security controls for cloud-based systems, including access control, data protection, encryption, and identity and access management.
* Monitor and analyze security logs, events, and alerts to identify and respond to security incidents and threats.
* Develop and maintain cloud security policies, procedures, and standards, and ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards such as NIST, ISO, and SOC 2.
* Conduct security assessments and audits of cloud service providers to ensure they meet our security requirements.
* Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud security trends, threats, and technologies, and make recommendations for improvements to our security posture.
What you'll need:
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* 10+ years of progressive cloud security experience in a fast-paced global environment.
* 8+ years of experience with major IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms and best practices for securing such environments.
* 3+ years of experience securing Kubernetes, containers, and software-oriented architecture.
* Deep experience with IaC, ideally, Cloudformation and Terraform.
* Experience with DevOps and SaaS environments.
* Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That's why it's our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We're shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes-from emerging brands to Fortune 500s-use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we're experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don't be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That's why it's important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range displayed, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and / or training.
The US base salary range for this full-time position: (exclusive of bonus, equity and benefits.)