|Published||January 14, 2023|
CGI are currently looking for a Cloud Architect to come and join our Secure Innovation & Advisory team which is part of CGI’s Space, Defence and Intelligence business unit. The area is focused primarily on the delivery of contemporary and innovative technical solutions for the government agencies most challenging problems. Our teams work alongside our clients to help them understand how to exploit technologies to maintain competitive advantage. The SIA team is heavily committed to developing our members and will provide excellent learning and development opportunities to ensure that your knowledge and skills keep pace with the evolving technology landscape. We engender a culture of innovation, collaboration and ownership, highly motivated self-starters thrive within our organisation.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Ownership of software systems with low to medium risk, size, quality and complexity.
• Communicate with business, delivery and operational stakeholders of the software.
• Identify, prioritize and address architectural concerns related to the software, based on quality attributes (non-functional requirements) and other architectural drivers.
• Make or guide architectural decisions about the software, its implementation technologies, its external and internal interfaces and its development and deployment environments.
• Model the software system’s context and structure.
• Assure that the software fulfils its present and anticipated architectural requirements by analysis, validation, modelling and road mapping.
• Support the software’s development and operations teams by coaching, explaining and reviewing detailed designs and code.
• Keep track of emerging technologies, developments and methodologies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Software architecting:
• Use modelling, decision making and validation techniques to design a system that fulfils stakeholder requirements.
• Systems integration:
• Create and implement software that fits in its business and technology environment
• Requirements analysis:
• Understand and validate software requirements, focusing on quality attributes and other architectural drivers.
• Drive realization and implementation of software and hardware systems.
• Software technology knowledge:
• Development stacks, programming languages, design and integration patterns, algorithms.
Security Clearance: Must be UK national – and either hold, or willing to gain higher level Security Cleared (SC).
Working pattern: due to the secure nature of the work we are operating with a hybrid working policy. We would expect our members to be in their local office as and when required. Some travel to other CGI or client sites might be required (all travel away from your base office is expensed)
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
- Agile Architecture
- Business Analysis