|Published||May 12, 2022|
We are looking for a number of Cloud Consultants to join the growing Infrastructure team for my MSP client who are a leading Microsoft Gold Partner
This role sits within our Professional Services - Cloud Delivery team, which is responsible for the delivery of infrastructure, SaaS, and platform technologies. It is a talented team of consultants and engineers, who are involved in every aspect of testing and deploying complex technical solutions.
The core focus of this role will be to provide consultation services to our customers on Azure solutions, supporting our customers with transition, transformation, and modernization. Supporting the Pre-Sales team with technical validation, performing Cloud assessments, and owning the solution through the delivery process.
This role is fully remote but candidates will need to be resident in the UK.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver Cloud Readiness Assessments.
- Lead information gathering and design workshops in line with Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF)
- Creation of Low-Level Design documentation
- Creation of migration plans
- Ownership of solution through delivery and supporting the delivery team
- Attending regular project meetings
- Occasional delivery of solutions
- Monitor progress of your activities within a project providing the Project Manager with feedback regarding the status of your tasks whilst being aware of time and budget constraints.
- Maintain technical knowledge and provide recommendations to changes where necessary.
- Manage your own work effectively to meet the challenges of your role, ensuring you make the most economic use of your time.
- Identify solutions, beneficial to clients, and highlight these to the relevant team.
- Work out of hours, when required on projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with Azure services ideally gained in a consultancy environment.
- Experience delivering within the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience working within a managed services or consultancy environment
- Experience conducting workshops
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross functionally and interact confidently with multiple stakeholders
- Experience writing Low-Level design documentation
- Experience deploying and migrating to Microsoft Cloud solutions
- Team player - understands the importance of collaborative working.
- Experience working in a project environment and with Project managers
- Desire to stay abreast of new technologies and obtain certifications
- Possess the ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Expert knowledge in the following technologies:
Virtual Machines, Azure SQL, Virtual network security (NSG's etc), VPN Gateways, Load balancers, Application Gateway, Front door, App Services, Traffic manager, Express Route, Azure backup, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Key Vault, Azure Virtual WAN, Storage accounts, Automation Accounts, Log Analytics, Azure monitor, Security Centre, Azure Advisor, Azure Labs, Azure Migrate
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server technologies such as Active Directory, DHCP, Group Policy.
- Ideally, knowledge of M365 technologies and experience delivering these technologies
- Understanding of the complete product eco system under Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security
- Ideally knowledge of NGFW deployment and management (Preferably Palo Alto & FortiGate product suites)
- Mandatory: Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ103/104)