|Date Posted||March 24, 2021|
AWS Cloud Engineer - up to 50K - Remote & Flexible Working
In the role you will be responsible for developing and managing of cloud infrastructure (IaaS), deployment frameworks, organisation specific standards and toolsets to drive the consistent use of cloud-based solutions across the company utilising public cloud platforms and technologies. This role is within the financial services industry and, as a result, requires us to work within a highly secure, highly regulated and controlled environment. The position would suit an individual with a keen eye on process, security and an eye for detail.
- Drive the consistent use of cloud infrastructure technologies across the business.
- Ensure that appropriate standards and best practices are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain organisation specific cloud implementation standards derived from best practices and patterns available from the cloud providers.
- Design, develop and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts using DevOps best practices.
- Review, design, and integrate cloud deployments with application development and corporate applications teams.
- Act as a technical consultant where appropriate, providing advice and guidance relating to the requirements of other teams within the company.
- Undertake demonstrations and presentations and prepare reports as required.
- Manage cloud service providers to ensure that they are performing to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets.
- Incorporate cross function concerns like infrastructure level security, scalability and monitoring in design and implementation phase.
- Keep yourself and the team up to date with the emerging cloud technologies and their impact on the existing infrastructure.
- Commercial AWS experience using (AWS Lambda, API Gateways, Route 53, ECS, IAM, S3, DynamoDB)
- Python Scripting
- Use of Automation Technologies- Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc,
- The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate considerable practical hands-on experience in the above technical skills in a similar operational role.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate good communication skills at all levels, customer to senior management.
- High interpersonal skills to enable partnership with Business Teams, Product Teams and stakeholders, both internal and customers.
- Proven ability to influence in order to drive change.
- Experience of working with vendors and co location providers.
- This role offers the opportunity for up to 60% remote working.
If you'd like to find out more on this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0191 300 6939, alternatively you can send me an email containing your CV to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.