|February 12, 2024
Responsible for the planning, design and build of security architectures to ensure strong security posture, compliance with regulations, and safeguard customer s data. Manage information systems security, including disaster recovery, database protection, and software development. Demonstrate the company s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Design and review the Family of Kroger Companies cloud architecture, and adherence to policy, coordinating the development, modification, and modernization of policies for the next-generation of security standards. Identify and detect and coordinate remediation of vulnerabilities and misconfigurations inside cloud architecture, and use. Champion the modernization our cybersecurity approach for next-generation technologies and integration with existing tooling.
- Oversee information security tools/services including; Identity & Access mgmt, cloud security, cryptography, logging & alerting, security operations, malware detection, incident response, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, security architecture, & digital forensics
- Support the implementation of network and computer security and ensures compliance with corporate cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Monitor all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software
- Monitor server and firewall logs, scrutinize network traffic, establish and update vulnerability scans
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required
- Manage and ensure the security of databases and data transferred both internally and externally
- Oversee penetration testing of all systems in order to identify system vulnerabilities
- Design, implement, and report on security system and end user activity audits
- Assist in developing new and modifying existing security policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree computer science, information systems, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in a related security field
- Proven ability and/or understanding of designing and building scalable, high volume, and low latency applications
- Experience in one or more of the common languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, BGP and other routing protocols)
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we've grown into what today is the nation's largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America's grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. With a history of innovation, we work tirelessly to create amazing experiences for our customers, communities AND each other, with food at the heart of it all.
Here, people matter. That's why we strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help feed your future by providing the value and care you need to grow. If you're caring, purpose-driven and hungry to learn, your potential is unlimited.
Whether you're seeking a part-time position or a new career path, we've got a fresh opportunity for you. Apply today to become part of our Kroger family!