|Published||July 17, 2022|
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Proactively assist cross-functional teams in department-wide solutions
- Continually re-learn applicable technologies that have value to the organization
- Seek out new technologies that may have value to the organization
- Stay informed as to industry developments
- Identify potential process redesign and implications associated with designs
- Define project objectives for systems and technical infrastructure implementation consistent with strategic direction
- Identify and develop operational plans across technologies and/or across systems
- Ensure the right people from across the enterprise participate in technical design and vendor selection for projects
- Contribute to technical design, decision-making, and tactical planning at the enterprise level
- Anticipate and communicate environment impacts
- Effective follow-up and communication of problems as they occur
- Promotes adherence to enterprise standards and the common way of implementing technology (Enterprise Reference Architecture, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
- Participates in Architecture Review Meetings/Boards to ensure solutions align with enterprise business model
- Drives and fosters integration and communication across technology groups and projects, helps create a sense of architecture community by promoting positive development of technical job families
- Leads, supports and influences the achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of the department and corporation
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with other IT teams at the project level
- Provides expert-level information security knowledge and consulting to IT and business teams
- Defines information security project objectives for systems and technical infrastructure implementation consistent with strategic direction
- Define enterprise cloud security architecture across all business areas
- Suggests technology or process improvements to IT Leadership and the architecture community to reduce security risks to the company
- Stays informed on information security industry developments and emerging technologies that may have value to the company.
- Represents IT Security in cross-departmental meetings and decision-making activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 10 years of work experience within the Information Technology discipline, that includes at least 7 years in the field of information security and at least 4 years in security architecture for modern cloud-based enterprise systems
- Prior experience leading project teams and shepherding multiple project efforts at the same time
- Expert knowledge of cloud infrastructure & cloud networking practices.
- Expert knowledge of cloud security architecture concepts for public SaaS, PaaS and IaaS platforms.
- Experience developing a security tooling strategy for multi-cloud environments.
- Experience working with cloud native authentication and authorization protocols in an enterprise IAM setting.
- Experience guiding DevOps teams in the adoption of application security strategies and tooling that can integrate with existing application delivery platforms.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology
- Excellent partnering, negotiation and communication skills; able to create “buy-in” from other employees
- Excellent ability to understand complex business and technical issues with awareness and balance of the company’s position within its industry and overall marketplace
- Excellent ability to consult across multiple technology areas, to perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and solution implementation
- Excellent ability to lead technical direction at the enterprise level and across multiple projects or technology areas
- Excellent ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Excellent ability to understand the broader implications of situations; identify potential problem areas and execute solutions before they become problems
- Experience assessing technology security risk using qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Adaptable to change
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional-Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP) certification
- Master’s Degree in business, information technology, or information security; or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Major cloud provider architecture expertise and certification
- Experience conducting formalized threat modeling using a recognized framework in large enterprise system environments
- Curiosity/passion for technology that drives independent learning and proactive sharpening of technical skills