|Published||November 21, 2023|
Cloud and System Development Risk Director page is loaded
Cloud and System Development Risk Director
Apply remote type Hybrid locations Columbus, OH time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R0049141
The Cloud and System Development Risk Director will report to the SVP, Technology Segment Risk Officer. This role will be the senior leader responsible for first line of defense risk management and oversight activity for the Bank’s cloud environments and serve as the primary risk partner for the Chief Development Officer (CDO). This role will be responsible for leading the risk culture of the segment. Risk oversight activities will include risk identification, control design and evaluation, and completion of risk and control self-assessments. This leader will work closely with the CDO, the Chief Information Security Officer, and the Chief Technology Officer’s leadership teams to identify, assess and mitigate risk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as “voice of risk” for the various teams that administer the bank’s cloud environment; provide both credible challenge and transparent counsel
- Establish and mature a risk management function to promote secure system development in both waterfall and agile methodologies; provide credible challenge on Management’s integration of security into system development
- Familiar with identity management, security architecture, cloud computing, posture management, secure code development, and other key areas
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with an evolving risk landscape
- Lead and develop a dedicated team of risk managers and specialists for a consistent, transparent, and effective support model
- Update risk register when issues/findings identify new risks, significant changes to existing risks
- Monitor or receive from others new rules and regulations for potential impact to risk register
- Complete risk and control self-assessment including analysis of inherent risk, control environment, residual risks, segment risk appetite metrics, top and emerging risks, control effectiveness, metrics, findings, risk acceptances, and changes since last period according to guidance and timelines
- Consult on the development and review of key risk metrics, controls, and control tests
- Provide leadership voice in key risk committees
- Independently validate management’s actions to resolve identified risks are effective
- Implement policies and standards to ensure conformance with Risk Governance and Risk Appetite Framework
- Partner with peers supporting Infrastructure and Application teams, as well as 2nd and 3rd line oversight bodies
- Interact with regulatory oversight teams and supporting external exams as required
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Risk Management activities and control frameworks to address cybersecurity risk management; experience in confidentiality, integrity, and availability principles and industry standard practices
- Executive communication and presentation skills
- Experience with security and/or risk management in cloud environments
- Strong leadership abilities and experience building out new teams
- Ability to lead new initiatives and transformations through influence
- CISA, CISSP, or similar professional certifications
- Banking experience
Exempt Status: (Yes = not eligible for overtime pay) (No= eligible for overtime pay)
Huntington is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Similar Jobs (3)
Privacy and Data Compliance Group Manager
remote type Hybrid locations 4 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 10 Days Ago
Senior Technology Infrastructure Risk Manager
remote type Hybrid locations Columbus, OH time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
Welcome to Huntington!
At Huntington, we look out for people. From reinventing banking with game-changing innovations to building an internal culture that creates lifelong bonds, together, we can make people’s lives better.
And amazing things happen when we look out for each other. We prove it every day. Whether it’s helping a colleague or collaborating on a new tool that will revolutionize the way people save money, our actions can have a huge impact.
Our colleagues look out for people with a Can-Do Attitude, Service Heart and Forward Thinking.
Those are our values—simple but powerful. Each of them pushes us do the right thing, to do right by people. Because people are what matter.
If that sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join our team. If you’d like to learn more about how Huntington looks out for people, visit www.huntington.com/lookingout
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this site or if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform the essential functions of the job, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
EEO is The Law
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - Supplemental Poster
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (dol.gov)
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice
Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position.