|Published||September 2, 2023|
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Location: Northboro, MA, US, 01532 Brooklyn, NY, US, 11217 Hicksville, NY, US, 11801 Waltham, MA, US, 02451
Company: National Grid
Join National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators. We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grids business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of bringing energy to life. Come and join us on this incredible journey, We need you!
We want to find a highly motivated, innovative, and experienced Cloud Security Engineer keen to join our fast-paced Security Engineering team in Waltham, MA! (Candidates may also reside in either, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Maine) . If you yearn to be innovative and contribute new ideas and play a critical part in the US Security Organization, we want to hear from you!
What youll do
As a Cloud Security Engineer (CSE), youll be the primary technical resource for the complex and diverse cloud platforms and systems. Youll need to possess deep technical knowledge on several cloud security technologies and have a solid understanding of information security and cloud technology implementation in an automated, measurable and repeatable manner.
The role might involve occasional out-of-hours work to remediate critical security issues. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Implement security capabilities into commercial cloud solutions with very little supervision
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced engineers in the Cloud security engineering organization
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Collaborate and consult across all security towers and teams to achieve intended objective
- Define cloud security metrics and reporting against them
What youll need
- Lots of enthusiasm!
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in engineering/computer science or minimum 5 years’ successful experience in similar role
- Security certifications in commercial cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Ability to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-moving team
- Ability to meet deadlines, time constraints and periodic requirements
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and resilient application architectures
- Ability to learn and retain information on multiple products
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Domain Knowledge:
o Strong understanding of Cyber Security and associated domains.
o Good working knowledge of at least one scripting language (E.g.: Python, UNIX Shell Script)
o Knowledge of penetration testing techniques desirable.
o Knowledge of defense in depth practices in a commercial cloud environment
- Technical Skills:
o Design: Experience documenting, building and testing reference architectures/designs in commercial cloud environments
o IaC: Subject Matter expert highly skilled on the implementation of Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) automation for security technologies
o Application Protection: Experience securing applications, data at rest and in transit at the workstation, server, and cloud. Knowledge of secure coding practices beneficial.
o Cloud Security: Strong information security background in supporting Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP). Knowledge of Cloud Native Application Protection Platforms (CNAPP) is beneficial.
o IAM: Knowledge of Identity and Access Management capabilities such as Identity Governance, Privileged Identity Management and Single-sign-on (SSO)
o Cloud Network Security: Experience conducting analysis of electronic media, packet capture, log data in support of enterprise level information security operations. Understanding of cloud-hosted network appliances such as firewall, IDS/IPS, SWG etc.
o Container/Container Orchestration Security Technologies: Knowledge of Container (E.g.: Docker) /Container Orchestration (E.g.: Kubernetes) and security technologies i
It would be awesome if you had
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Detailed-oriented mindset with strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including senior executive
- Expertise consulting with stakeholders to define needs, develop requirements and analyze findings to advise and recommend solutions.
- Innovative, analytical and driven mindset
What youll get
- Consistent growth potential through company leadership programs
- Competitive compensation package including robust benefits with a yearly bonus
- Numerous wellness programs
- A multitude of company-endorsed community programs to participate in
Are you the right fit for this exciting role? You want to learn more about the position and National Grids ambitious Digital Transformation? Then lets chat!
Our organization follows a hybrid work structure in our service territory (NY & MA and adjacent states) where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration. We work with our employees to foster a work schedule that fits your flexible schedule.
At National Grid, we keep the lights on and homes warm. But it’s so much more than that. We keep people connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition for all, we don’t plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark. But we aren’t looking for external recognition – we already what we do is vital. We’re building a clean, fair and affordable energy future.
$124,000 - $146,000 a year
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.