|Published||September 6, 2023|
At Genworth, we empower families to navigate the aging journey with confidence. We are compassionate, experienced allies for those navigating care with guidance, products, and services that meet families where they are. Further, we are the spouses, children, siblings, friends, and neighbors of those that need care-and we bring those experiences with us to work in serving our millions of policyholders each day.
We apply that same compassion and empathy as we work with each other and our local communities. Genworth values all perspectives, characteristics, and experiences so that employees can bring their full, authentic selves to work to help each other and our company succeed. We celebrate our diversity and understand that being intentional about inclusion is the only way to create a sense of belonging for all associates. We also invest in the vitality of our local communities through grants from the Genworth Foundation, event sponsorships, and employee volunteerism.
Our four values guide our strategy, our decisions, and our interactions:
• Make it human. We care about the people that make up our customers, colleagues, and communities.
• Make it about others. We do what's best for our customers and collaborate to drive progress.
• Make it happen. We work with intention toward a common purpose and forge ways forward together.
• Make it better. We create fulfilling purpose-driven careers by learning from the world and each other.
Cloud Security Engineer
Richmond or Lynchburg, VA
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Genworth, you'll play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and managing technology solutions that are the foundation of the world class customer service that our customers expect and deserve - now and in the future. You will be part of a team that is responsible for creating standards and policies for secure cloud implementations, overseeing compliance, and supporting key IT and business stakeholders. You will rely on your extensive experience in cybersecurity, cloud architecture, and compliance to enhance and grow the company's cloud security program.
What you will be doing
• Ensure the company's security policies and standards are tailored for cloud environments
• Translate security and technical policies into requirements, and communicate security risks to different audiences ranging from business leaders to engineers
• Support advancement of Zero Trust cloud security governance processes
• Define security measures, such as secure authentication methods, encryption, access control lists, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, to protect data stored on public clouds against unauthorized access
• Work with architecture, engineering, and application teams to advise on secure design for cloud applications in areas such as data protection, key management, authentication, and authorization and to ensure security is built into all aspects of the cloud
• Provide design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology on, and integrating with, services provided by public cloud platforms
• Participate in working groups with other subject matter experts to define and review security standards and guidelines
• Research and stay up to date on the latest security threats and trends
• Analyze threats to cloud technologies and design solutions to mitigate those threats
• Develop and execute projects to enhance cloud security measures
• Provide guidance and oversight for the correction of discovered vulnerabilities
What you bring
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree, or equivalent years of experience
• 6+ years demonstrated cybersecurity experience
• 4+ years demonstrated public cloud security experience
• Strong understanding of cybersecurity risks, technical control implementation, and at least one industry standard cybersecurity framework (NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of cloud security architecture, including public, private, and hybrid models
• Experience with a variety of security tools in multiple public cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with containerization technology, such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with one or more scripting languages
• Knowledge of potential risks involved in workload transitions from on-premises to cloud
• Knowledge of Open Security Architecture (OSA), The Well Architected Framework, and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
Employee Benefits & Well-Being
Genworth employees make a difference in people's lives every day. We're committed to making a difference in our employees' lives.
• Competitive Compensation & Total Rewards Incentives
• Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage
• Multiple 401(k) Savings Plan Options
• Auto Enrollment in Employer-Directed Retirement Account Feature (100% employer-funded!)
• Generous Paid Time Off - Including 12 Paid Holidays, Volunteer Time Off and Paid Family Leave
• Disability, Life, and Long Term Care Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and Training & Certification Support
• Wellness support including gym membership reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program resources (work/life support, financial & legal management)
• Caregiver and Mental Health Support Services