|Published||September 10, 2023|
Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) is seeking a highly motivated Cloud Security Engineer to join our team. As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will play a crucial role in supporting the security, and overall compliance of the risk management framework within the DoD for our clients. You will work closely with other security analysts and the IT team to ensure the information technology integrity, and availability of DoD systems and data.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillsets, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGS’ capabilities.
As a Cloud Security Engineer you will:
- Write and maintain IaC scripts (e.g., using tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation) to provision and configure cloud resources securely.
- Optimize CI/CD workflows for security by automating testing and security scans at every stage of the pipeline.
- Implement and manage IAM roles and permissions for cloud resources, adhering to the principle of least privilege.
- Configure and manage security-related monitoring tools and log management systems to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Ensure that cloud infrastructure and applications comply with industry-specific regulations and internal security policies
- Prepare for and participate in security audits.
- Maintain documentation for security configurations, procedures, and best practices for the DevOps team and auditors.
- Continuously optimize cloud infrastructure for performance, cost, and security.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, system administrators, and security professionals, to align security goals with development and operations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required and must hold an active DoD clearance, or previously have held once
- Education: bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Certifications: Possession of industry-recognized certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), etc.
- Experience: Minimum 5 Years of Experience (with a bachelor’s degree) working within an IT environment. 3 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for a degree for a total of at least 8 years of work experience
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation) and configuration management tools.
- Strong knowledge of security principles, protocols, and best practices.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools, containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes), security tools and technologies (e.g., SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, encryption).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex systems and networks.
Life at Capgemini
Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Flexible work
- Healthcare including dental, vision, mental health, and well-being programs
- Financial well-being programs such as 401(k) and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Family building benefits like adoption assistance, surrogacy, and cryopreservation
- Social well-being benefits like subsidized back-up child/elder care and tutoring
- Mentoring, coaching and learning programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Disaster Relief
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get The Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini discloses salary range information in compliance with state and local pay transparency obligations. The disclosed range represents the lowest to highest salary we, in good faith, believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting, although we may ultimately pay more or less than the disclosed range, and the range may be modified in the future. The disclosed range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, geographic location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. At Capgemini, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
This role may be eligible for other compensation including variable compensation, bonus, or commission. Full time regular employees are eligible for paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.