|Published||September 14, 2023|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
San Diego, CA or Remote + 5% travel to San Diego headquarters for business reasons
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified Infrastructure Engineer with a strong security background to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will be hired to help design, maintain, and secure reliable systems at scale in the cloud. Our infrastructure runs on AWS and other cloud platforms. We currently utilize RDS, EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, and AWS IoT, to name a few. Prior experience ensuring the security and compliance of various infrastructure is required. Our infrastructure is containerized with Docker and we’re running in Kubernetes. Everything is configured with Terraform and we’re using ArgoCD and Jenkins.
- Architect highly available, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure
- Build foundational infrastructure for other teams to deploy and run their applications
- Provide architectural and security guidance to teams building their own services
- Network domain and infrastructure security
- Ensure the security and compliance of our infrastructure
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Help to define and improve our standards for maintainability and best practices
- Participate in 24/7 on-call shift schedule for infrastructure support
- Advanced operational knowledge of AWS infrastructure (Azure, GCP nice to have)
- Strong in Kubernetes and containerization best practices (EKS)
- Experience with monitoring and observability of applications (Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager, Datadog)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Effective scripting abilities (e.g. bash, Python, Golang)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Terragrunt, Atlantis)
- Strong desire to automate and create standard frameworks
- Involvement is SOC2 and/or ISO 27001 audit process and automation of evidence gathering
- Experience with modern security tools and suites like Lacework, Palo Alto, Snyk
- Strong knowledge of security principles and technologies
- Experience with security testing and incident response
- Experience implementing and configuring a WAF (CloudFlare)
- Emphasis on documentation and knowledge sharing
- Advanced Kubernetes administration and/or development
- Custom Resources
- Service Mesh
- Network Policies
- CKA/CKAD certification
- Operation and support in production environment(s)
- Database optimization and migration experience (MySQL/PostgresSQL)
- AWS Control Tower, Landing Zones, and/or multi account topology
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $118,631 and $162,800. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.