|Published||November 8, 2023|
Upwork has partnered with an Enterprise client that specializes in helping businesses across all industries modernize through cloud adoption to achieve data-driven transformation. Their team of experts leverages the latest Google Cloud technologies and best practices to create customized solutions for each client.
They are currently looking to partner with a highly skilled and experienced Cloud Security Engineer specializing in Google Chronicle SIEM implementation to join their team for a 3-month+ contract opportunity.
Weekly commitment: 20-40 hours a week.
- SIEM Implementation: Lead the planning, design, and implementation of SIEM solutions in client’s Google Cloud environments to monitor and analyze security events and incidents.
- Security Analysis: Analyze security data and logs from various sources to identify threats, vulnerabilities, and suspicious activities.
- Consultation: Provide expert guidance and consultancy to clients on Google Chronicle SIEM platform best practices, helping them optimize their security operations.
- Security Policies: Assist in the development and enforcement of cloud security policies and procedures.
- Threat Detection: Collaborate with threat hunters to enhance threat detection rules and strategies within the Google Chronicle SIEM platform.
- Documentation: Create and maintain documentation, including system configurations, incident response procedures, and security reports.
- Training: Conduct training sessions for internal teams and clients to ensure they can effectively utilize the Google Chronicle SIEM tool.
- Help to Develop and Chronicle SIEM detention rules using YARA-L
- Conduct discovery sessions to identify and understand the types of data that will be ingested into Chronicle SIEM.
- Proven expertise in delivering enterprise-level Chronicle.
- Preferred Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISA, or GIAC.
- 3+ years of proven experience in designing, configuring, and managing SIEM solutions (Splunk, Qualys Cloud Platform, LogRhythm, Wiz, etc) in cloud environments.
- Experience with Splunk is required.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security principles and best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and client-facing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats and trends.
- Strong understanding of Chronicle's architecture, capabilities, and features.