|Published||November 9, 2023|
locations Two PNC Plaza (PA374) Birmingham - Brock (AL112) Dallas Innovation Center - Luna Rd (TX270) Strongsville Technology Center (OH537)
time type Full time
posted on Posted 3 Days Ago
job requisition id R149595
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Cloud Security Engineer within PNC's Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Birmingham, AL or Dallas, TX. The position is primarily based in a PNC location. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities may be performed remotely, at the manager’s discretion.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Assist Security Development team members with the development and operationalization of enterprise requirements for security, compliance, and access for public cloud
• Automate and orchestrate the process of Cloud software deployment (CI/CD) to integrate enterprise security standards, policies, configurations, and architectures, for applications, platforms, and infrastructure
• Write source code to maintain, improve, and implement automation of reporting, compliance check deployments, and other automation as required (Python, Bash, Groovy)
• Maintaining and growing knowledge of relevant technologies in the public cloud
• Provide security engineering input to programs throughout the lifecycle to ensure systems meet NIST and Cloud standards
• Ensure the security posture of applications seeking deployment into Production
• 1-3 years of relevant Development, DevOps, or Security experience with one or more public cloud technologies
• Knowledge and understanding of IT architectures, distributed systems and microservices
• Experience with programming languages and in writing automation scripts (Python, Bash, Groovy)
• Knowledge and experience with containerization (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift)
• Knowledge and experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as BitBucket/GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Groovy, and Terraform
• Knowledge and experience with Security / DevSecOps tools
• Knowledge and experience with Cloud Security Posture Management tools (Azure Policy, Prisma Cloud, Insight CloudSec)
• Understanding of cloud security and governance technologies such as WAF, IAM, CASB, and API Gateways
• Outstanding troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
• Experience working with relevant cloud security frameworks/guidelines (CSA CCM, PCI Cloud Supplement, ISACA Cloud Computing Audit, CIS, NIST)
• Inquisitive and resourceful – not afraid to network within the organizations to ask relevant questions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals with varying technical skills
• Interacting with project management team members and key stakeholders on application projects
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Microsoft Certified:
Azure Fundamentals- AZ-900,
Azure Developer Associate – AZ-204
Azure DevOps Engineer Expert – AZ-400
Azure Security Engineer Associate– AZ-500
SANS - Cloud Security Automation (GCSA)
ISC(2) - CISSP, CCSP
other similar professional certifications
- Develops, tests and implements software solutions.
- Designs software solutions to address business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
For more than 160 years, we have been committed to supporting our customers, communities, employees and shareholders. At PNC, we are proud of our longstanding history of building strong communities that create financial opportunities for individuals, families and businesses.
The commitment to creating a differentiated experience for our customers is driven by our commitment to doing the same for our employees. That means providing employees with the opportunities to make an impact, develop and grow, and be part of an inclusive culture where everyone is valued. It’s how we make sure that we have the right people, in the right roles, doing their best work for our customers.
PNC also offers customers – from individuals and small businesses, to corporations and government entities – a wide range of products and services. No matter how simple or complicated your needs, we're sure to have the products, knowledge and resources necessary to help you meet your financial goals.