|Published||November 10, 2023|
Acuity is growing and looking to hire an additional Cyber Security Engineer to support one of our premier federal clients.
Individual will provide professional and technical cybersecurity design, implementation and operational services to assist customers to deploy solutions using cloud computing services. Individuals will be responsible for security-aspects of system design, security tool/service analysis and selection, and subsequent implementation. Individuals will configure tools to meet the business, policy and security risk tolerance of customers. Individuals will document how required security controls are met through cloud service / tool implementation to support Assessment and Authorizations.
- Engineering and designing solutions on clouds such as AWS, Google, MS Azure and ServiceNow that manage risk and meet relevant security regulations, controls and policy.
- Implement the design installing, configuring and testing cloud services and associated 3 rd party services and software.
- Determine how to leverage services from cloud providers and identify gaps that must be met through other tools, software, or 3 rd party services.
- Implement tools/services ranging from OS hardening, AWS features such as AWS Config, Tripwire, Qualys, and Splunk and devise processes/procedures for their use.
- Prepare Assessment and Authorization documents such as SSP and Controls worksheet.
- Participate in assessment of system security controls to validate control implementation and identify weaknesses.
- Perform continuous monitoring using the solutions and tools.
- Perform security impact assessment of proposed changes to the environment to identify adverse changes in security risk posture or compliance.
- Identifying new and innovative ways to use existing tool sets to automate security management, monitoring
- BS in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, or related IT or security field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in IT/network engineering, security engineering, system administration or security operations.
- Direct hands-on experience with NIST SP 800-53 controls
- Strong analytical skills with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Has initiative, overcomes challenges, self-starter
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, CCSK, CCSP or related security certifications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google G Suite
- Experience operating tools such as: Vulnerability Management, Incident Detection, Event/Audit collection and analysis, network and web application firewalls
Master’s degree in information systems, cybersecurity or related fields
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
About Acuity Inc
Acuity is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, Washington Post's Top Workplaces, and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.