|Date Posted||March 24, 2021|
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 3 month then Extension or Conversion
Target Comp: $77-80/hr
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will deploy and manage technologies for enforcement of security controls across multiple cloud platforms. This will include providing consulting services to application owners, IT, and business teams to enhance security and protection controls for public cloud-based workloads. You will also work in a collaborative team environment utilizing Agile development methodologies, mentoring teammates, and learn cross-functional skills to support a range of technologies as a product offering.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain large-scale systems, across multiple on-premises and cloud environments
- Leverage scripting, automation and configuration management tools to accelerate the secure adoption of public cloud.
- Work across teams and business units to understand application and network architecture to design and deploy security controls
- Perform design reviews and risk assessments for new applications integrating with core services
- Provide tuning recommendations of security tools based on the analysis of empirical data
- Produce and review daily and weekly metrics for security events
- Stay current with trends in the information security community including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products
- Evaluating or creating new technologies and services to solve complex security issues
- 5+ years of professional experience securing or administering multi-account/subscription public cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- In-depth knowledge, experience and deep understanding of public cloud environment configurations
- Automation and scripting experience in Python, Terraform or similar
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience with open source technologies and environments
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
- Familiarity of regulatory requirements (i.e., PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX) and frameworks (e.g., NIST, CIS etc.)
- Good understanding of at least some of the following: GuardDuty, Inspector, Security Hub, Config, Container Security, CI/CD pipelines etc.
- Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) or Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) experience
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- CCSK (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge)
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional