|Published||July 15, 2022|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Well-funded Web3 startup is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sydney Weaver
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $250,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are an open source platform that supports programmable money and digital identity solutions for financial institutions. Our high-speed interbank platform enables the transactions and settlements of programmable money between central banks, commercial banks and consumers. The underlying database can then be used to provide secure analytics to wholesale stakeholders and support digital identity and banking aggregator solutions for consumers. We are a vertically-integrated, open source software platform that focuses on balancing privacy, scalability and interoperability (with existing and future platforms) across our stakeholder pipeline.
As a SecOps Engineer, you will join a world class technical team with state of the art expertise in developing and delivering advanced solutions. Your experience as a cloud security engineer will compliment the work of our engineering and operations colleagues to accelerate the adoption of security best practices and help us achieve ISO20022, ISO27001, SOC2 Type 2, and PCI DSS certifications. Your expertise will help us implement a forward thinking security posture for our platform. This role will be to define and manage all aspects of the development and production infrastructure as part of an agile scrum team working on Enterprise client projects.
Key Responsibilities, Prioritized:
- Build and run production infrastructure with the focus on security.
- Implement and support CI/CD pipelines.
- Setup monitoring and tracking tools to support developer teams.
- Implement best practices that enables engineers to move quickly while ensuring security, compliance and auditing requirements are met.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure secure infrastructure architecture.
- Design and implement threat detection and threat prevention across multiple projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams.
- Automate security controls, data access patterns and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support for engineering teams.
Why join us?
We’re currently disrupting the financial industry and looking for individuals with vision, innovation, passion, technical excellence, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of like minded people who personify our mission of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who want to transform the future of financial markets.
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- Health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 401k plan
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Commuting benefits
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environments
The position is based in New York, Los Angeles, San Fran, or 100% remote with full-time salary and benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Container Scanning and Runtime Security (Trivy, Harbor, StackRox)
- Experience with Infrastructure Monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, New Relic, OpenTelemetry)
- Experience with SIEM (Splunk, Elasticsearch, Datadog)
- Experience with SAST Scanning (SonarQube, Codeql)
- Experience with DAST Scanning
- 5+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role on Linux/Unix Systems
- Experience with microservices architecture orchestrated with Kubernetes
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Expertise with configuring and running a CI/CD platform (we use GitHub Actions), but experience with Jenkins, GitLab-CI or Travis would translate well
- Expertise with a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Ability to lead a team of DevOps Engineers, define a vision and take action
- Experience with scaling secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure’
- Experience with infrastructure automation such as Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM
- Understanding of the Twelve Factors and GitOps
- Experience with ISO27001, SOC2 Type 2 certifications
- You should have experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn, improve, and challenge yourself
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.