|Published||September 5, 2022|
From Fivetran's founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We're proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We're looking for a Senior Azure Cloud Security engineer to join Fivetran's security team. In this role you will function as a security expert interfacing with Fivetran's site reliability team (SRE) to ensure our data pipeline service is properly configured to follow security best practices while at the same time improving performance and reliability of the services.
The work is very diverse - Fivetran is a multi-cloud environment operating on AWS, GCP, and Azure. You will help select security tools as well as implement improvements within our environments and assist in developing new processes to raise our security posture.
Technologies we use: Azure, AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD - CircleCI/Jenkins, Terraform, Github
What You'll Do
* Help identity security gaps and configure Azure/AWS/GCP accounts to comply with best practices and security standards
* Validate and assist with remediation of security issues in infrastructure and cloud workloads
* Build automation and monitoring systems to enforce security policies and detect threats
* Drive adoption of a security-minded culture across engineering functions
* Report out on performance and trends of projects and security tooling
* Develop internal documentation surrounding cloud incident response and best practices
What You'll Bring
* Experience with securing Azure Cloud architectures
* Collaborative experience working closely with product teams, SRE/DevOps, and developers to define security requirements
* Proven ability to secure public cloud based infrastructure, architect secure solutions, and configure cloud nave security controls.
* Experience in container-based deployments, container scanning tools, and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, GKE, AquaSec, Twistlock)
* Experience with (at least one) automation tools - CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Lambda
* Architect, deploy, and maintain security tools and services including, but not limited to: WAF, Anomaly Detection, Vulnerability Management, and Threat Detection
* Ability to research and validate security vulnerabilities, and propose solutions for remediation or mitigation
* Possess working knowledge of encryption and key management fundamentals
Perks and Benefits:
* 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
* Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
* Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
* 401k match program
* Eligible donation match program
* Monthly cell phone stipend
* Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
* Professional development and training opportunities
* Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
* Pet Insurance
* Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Referral Bonuses
* RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
* Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We're honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we're proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran's culture and what it's like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.