|Published||January 22, 2023|
Cloud Security Engineer
This position is open to fully remote work.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will protect our organization by enhancing the security posture of our computing environments. You will be working closely with other members of the engineering teams to assess the cloud architecture, monitor internal/external threats, analyze potential vulnerabilities within cloud environments, and participate in risk reviews. Our ideal candidate will be looking to learn and make a significant impact in the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Evaluate and improve the security posture of the organization's cloud environment.
- Assume ownership of cloud security tools like AWS WAF, GuardDuty, and Inspector amongst others.
- Work with technology teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in the company's systems and processes.
- Define security monitoring requirements for Cloud based systems and applications.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the company's SIEM.
- Act as an active contributor in conversations about security tooling, architecture, and design.
- Take part in compliance and regulation efforts (e.g., HIPAA, HITRUST).
- Participate in incident response and on-call rotation as necessary.
Notches In Your Belt:
- 7+ years of overall IT infrastructure experience including at least 5+ years of security experience in production environments.
- 3+ years of experience implementing security in AWS, Azure, GCP, or equivalent.
- Expert understanding of cloud security best practices.
- Security operations or security architecture experience.
- Experience working with monitoring and alerting tools.
- Proactive and security minded.
Great To Have:
- Kubernetes security experience.
- Experience with SIEM integrations.
- Experience working in highly regulated environments like Healthcare or Finance.
- Experience with HITRUST or SOC2.
Blow Us Away:
- Experience with vulnerability scans and penetration testing.
- Experience integrating security into CI/CD pipelines.
- SOAR experience.
- Previous exposure to application security standards, policies and secure SDLC processes.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse b.well. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.