|Published||January 16, 2023|
About the Job
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) at the University of Minnesota is seeking an experienced cloud security engineer to support the development and implementation of a cloud strategy advancing our core mission of academics, research, and outreach. Candidates should have subject matter expertise in hybrid clouds with full lifecycle experience: architecture/design, build, and ongoing operational support. This is an exciting opportunity to define and operationalize cloud services in Azure, Google Cloud, and/or AWS through robust automation and CI/CD pipelines. Ideal candidates will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills (elevated EQ), an ability to work with users and technologists with varying levels of experience and a strong commitment to supporting an environment of trust, collaboration, and mission-focused work.
* University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.
* 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
* Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
* Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
* Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
* Free disability insurance.
* Annual merit increase program.
* Identify threats to cloud systems/platforms, develop new features to meet security needs, and build, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve cloud-based systems.
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other members of the Cloud team through security and compliance expertise.
* Ensure technical solutions meet quality, security, and compliance requirements; work directly with key stakeholders and technical teams to ensure solutions have passed the required quality checks.
* Consult with infrastructure architects, engineers, and developers across the organization to ensure the value and flexibility of services.
* Makes recommendations that would enable the scale, security, and success of full stack technology in a hybrid cloud context.
* Works across all phases of cloud delivery from architecture/design, build, and operations.
* Assessment of cloud security architecture, analysis of issues and development of recommendations for their resolution
* Contribute to development of a cloud roadmap to build the team backlog, including new security initiatives.
* Conducts analysis to develop complex process and systems interactions as they relate to cloud technologies ensuring security, safety and recoverability.
* Establish best-practices and execute cyber security activities by integrating processes created by Infrastructure, DevOps, and Information Security into a secure cloud service
* Consultations with other technicians on network, firewall, and load balancing configurations as needed.
* Assist with design and implementation for log management (Splunk & Azure Sentinel)
* Participate in a regular support/on-call rotation as determined by the team
* Please document qualifications on resume.
* Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience, or master's degree plus two years of experience, OR a comparable combination of education, training, and experience.
* Experience designing and building security technology solutions aligned to industry standards.
* Cloud infrastructure as code experience (i.e. Azure, AWS, Google and on-premise cloud solutions and their associated vendor products and interdependencies).
* Experience and understanding of security frameworks such as NIST 800-171 and how to implement them for existing and new cloud environments, and monitor and mitigate compliance concerns.
* Strong scripting skills (ability to write Bash scripts, Python etc.).
* Experience with HIPAA/FERPA standards in relation to technology architecture and design.
* Experience developing CI/CD pipelines (development, staging, and production).
* Experience moving workload to the cloud and with greenfield applications.
* Experience working in an Agile and/or DevOps/DevSecOps environment.
* On demand infrastructure experience with full-stack orchestration.
* Experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Azure AKS, AWS EKS, etc.).
* Experience deploying production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations. #DICE