|Published||September 18, 2022|
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Cloud Security Lead to join the Waters Cloud platform team. As Cloud Security Architect you will be driving the design of cyber security controls on Waters cloud platform, identifying threats and risks and leading the security by design efforts. You will be acting as an SME for our cloud environment and helping design solutions and practices for hard to solve security problems. You will be driving the adoption of standardized solutions and managing our Cloud Security Blueprint. A self-starter attitude, excellent communication, collaboration skills and dedication to innovative technologies are critical to this role.
Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
- Collaborate with operations and engineering teams to implement and tune cloud-native security monitoring, tooling and reporting
- Define cloud security policies, standards, and best practices
- Design cloud-based network traffic flows to drive anomaly detection capability
- Mentor engineering and operations staff on unique cloud-based security controls
- Develop tools to improve cloud specific anomaly detection requirements
- Foster a culture of security by partnering with solutions architects to balance key performance and security
- Perform regular reviews of cloud infrastructure for security, and cloud best practices.
- Develop threat models to identify risks and prioritize improvements to our architecture.
- Drive the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for managing cloud infrastructure.
- Educate peers on applying the latest cloud native technologies when developing new services, systems and applications.
- Contribute to a secure/compliant cloud-native service catalog
- Maintain Compliance across our Production, Development and Corporate systems hosted in the public clouds
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams toward implementing controls and processes that address identified gaps
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science OR equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years working in IT, Engineering, DevOps, DevSecOps, or Security domains.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with active compliant environments, eg PCI-DSS, HITRUST, FEDRAMP or ISO 27001
- AWS or other Cloud Certifications
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- At least 3 years implementing services on cloud infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of AWS with experience implementing, reviewing, and strengthening new or existing deployments specifically with technologies like IAM, Guard Duty, and WAF.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code products like Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Deep understanding of security principles including encryption, authentication, etc.
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, SSL/TLS, IPSec, etc.
- Designing secure networks, systems, and application architecture
- Basic encryption theory and key management (PKI)
- Host or Network Based Intrusion Detection Tools (HIDS/NIDS)
- Compliance Automation
- Relevant security qualifications (CISSP, GSEC, AWS-SAA, AWS-SEC)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. Were the problem solvers and innovators that arent afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. Were all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.