Cyber Security Analyst
|Published||March 11, 2023|
Are you looking to expand your Cyber Security knowledge?
You enjoy being hands-on and you hold a broad range of technical knowledge, skills, and abilities. You will be able to assist with the development and continuous improvement of the security platforms within Content + Cloud and its customer environments.
As a CSOC Analyst, you will be using a variety of SIEM and security toolsets. Although the focus is on Cyber Security, knowledge and/or experience of modern IT systems and infrastructure is advantageous.
We are busy and the pace is fast, but your colleagues are always willing to lend a hand or offer an alternative view on things. Training and development are fully encouraged within the team and career mobility is fully supported when the time is right.
SC Clearance is a key requirement for this position, if you do not have SC Clearance, you will be sponsored provided you meet the minimum criteria which involve being a UK resident for the last 5 years.
***This is a shift-based role, working 4on 4off, incorporating rotational night shifts***
- Work within a multi-disciplined CSOC team identifying, owning, progressing and resolving security incidents.
- Perform the prompt and effective triage and investigation of security events and incidents applying sound problem solving methods to determine scope, urgency, and potential impact.
- Provide technical support for the identification and response to events or incidents of a suspicious or malicious nature, and apparent security breaches.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Drive customer satisfaction and continuously seek to improve operational performance
- Maintain a continuous understanding of the threat landscape with in-depth knowledge around threat actors, TTPs and vulnerabilities
- Excellent soft skills in the form of team working, problem solving and communication.
- A keen self-starter who can evidence excellent customer service and can collaborate effectively.
- Demonstrable experience working with SIEM technology, preferably within a CSOC / SOC environment
- Demonstrable technical knowledge, skills and/or experience in intrusion analysis, and network and security investigation using a variety of security tools (EDR, DLP, AV, Snort, Wireshark, TCPdump etc.).
- Working knowledge and experience of core security and infrastructure technologies (e.g. firewall logs, network security tools, malware detonation devices, proxies, IPS/IDS)
- Strong knowledge of understanding of multiple operating systems.
- One or more of the following industry certifications: CEH, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, Security+, GCTI
- Experience in secured cloud architectures (Azure, AWS) and engineering solutions
- Formal experience in Digital Forensics or experience using EnCase, FTK Imager or similar
- An awareness of cyber security-related standards and regulations, for example, NIST, CIS, ISO 27001 and PCI DSS
If work-life balance is as important for you as it is for us, you'll like our remote-first hybrid working policy: four days per month in a C+C office or with your clients.
You'll get a chance to discuss with your manager about the days that work best for you and your team to meet in person.
All recruitment and selection for Content+Cloud is guided by the principles of our Employment Equity Plan"
Location: Swinton, Greater Manchester
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
You may have experience of the following: CSOC Analyst, Information Security Analyst, Cyber Security Analyst, CSOC, Information Security Manager, IT Security Manager, Risk Analyst, Security Analyst, IT Security Analyst, Information Security, Compliance Analyst, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.