|Date Posted||March 25, 2020|
Data Centre Technician
Our Data Centre Technicians based in Corsham will maintain datacentre infrastructure and deliver on client requests.
Datacentre Technician Responsibilities:
- Manage all Datacentre related activities including adherence to policies, keeping documentation up-to-date and ensure security checking and validation are undertaken.
- Configuration management.
- Manager customer solutions by either providing the solution themselves or routing through an external supplier.
- Provide internal IT support as and when required.
- Accept and check all deliveries and the flow of assets.
- Be responsible for daily Datacentre activities related to reviewing, updating and producing policies, processes, security and equipment.
Data Centre Technician Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of process management; ITIL Foundation preferred.
- Experience of working within a Datacentre environment.
- Experience of working within a customer environment.
- Technically savvy; must enjoy and be willing to learn and understand a technical and customer facing business.
- Knowledge of servers and storage preferred.
- Flexible and approachable; able to provide cover in the different Datacentre sites.
- Comfortable with working alone and as part of a wider team.
- Smart Hands support experience desirable.
Employees holding this position are required to achieve and maintain an appropriate security clearance, as detailed in the header of this job description, as a condition of employment with UKCloud.
About UK Cloud:
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive salary plus 10% bonus, 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day, Flexible working, Contributory pension, Healthcare, Life cover, Access to free parking, Active social and charity events, Cycle to work scheme, Onsite facilities, Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks.
You may have experience of the following: Data Centre Engineer, Data Centre Operator, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, Data Centre Infrastructure, Storage Systems, Telecommunications, Data Storage, Backup, Recovery, Networking, etc.