|Published||September 4, 2022|
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Hemel Hempstead - Hybrid
Salary: Starting salary of £60,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Eckoh is a market leader of Customer Engagement Security Solutions, supporting an international client base from our offices in the U.S. and the U.K.
Our mission is to set the standard for secure interactions between consumers and the world's leading brands. Our innovative products build trust and deliver value through exceptional experiences.
Our large portfolio of clients, which includes many of the Fortune 250, come from a broad range of vertical markets including healthcare, retail, hospitality, financial services, and utilities.
About the role:
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing global infrastructure, developing enterprise level applications, and improving operational efficiency while driving innovation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled developer to further advance their knowledge and career in Cloud Native with a development path towards a career as a Cloud Native Engineer (CNE) or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
The position as a current focus towards AWS however the successful candidate should be able to user their skills to work in a true multi cloud environment.
- Working within AWS to architect and operate highly available, secure production services
- Working with containers and utilising different methods of orchestration e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Develop applications to provide core functionality
- Configure / Build infrastructure using terraform (IaC)
- Debug complex issues in systems spanning multiple components
- Researching, learning, and suggesting new systems to add to the core platform stack
- Create pipelines and automations systems to improve the development process
- Embody the ideals of a security first culture and DevSecOps
- Help train and mentor other developers / engineers
Technical skills & desirables:
- 4+ years operational experience
- Familiarity with Linux systems and core applications (Ubuntu, CentOS, Cron, Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Node etc.)
- Expert familiarity with scripting languages (bash/python) and security best practice etc.
- Experience with observability and monitoring solutions and how these are applied and configured e.g., Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios.
- Experience with docker and containerization
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment tooling (CICD Pipeline, GitLab, GitOps, Jenkins)
- Experience with Scripting and Automation (Bash, Python)
- Experience debugging and maintain complex systems
- An expert working with development tooling e.g., SVN/Git, and ticketing systems e.g. Jira
- Examples of self-driven learning and development
Highly advantageous knowledge and experience:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience building infrastructure in AWS or an equivalent cloud provider
- Knowledge of Cloud Native development philosophies including Pipelines, way of working, Cloud tooling etc.
- Training / experience with IaC / orchestration technologies e.g. Kubernetes, terraform, serverless framework
- Experience with Kustomize or Helm
- Familiarity with enterprise infrastructure networking e.g., Load balancing, Network segmentation, IP configuration
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
What do we do?
Eckoh's Customer Engagement Security Solutions help our clients to take payments and transact securely with their customers through all engagement channels.
We encourage and support everyone to grow with Eckoh
We challenge, listen, and are open minded to change and suggestions from others
As trusted advisors, we use our knowledge to solve challenges and deliver the best for our clients
We take personal ownership to strive for excellence in whatever we do
We are welcoming, embrace diversity and respect each other in a spirit of true humanity
We care about making the world secure and we believe everyone should be able to trust every brand and engage without risk.
Eckoh is full of friendly, energetic, innovative, and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
So, if you want to join a fantastic team, dedicated to delivering a world class service to enterprise level clients, then hit that apply button and start your journey.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Development will also be considered for this role.