|Published||September 7, 2022|
Are you looking to design, build, and own the underlying cloud infrastructure of the UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider? Are you passionate about cloud technology and software delivery? Do you see developers as your primary customers, and are you excited by building a new toolset for them that enables fast efficient delivery of new features?
As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you will be building and delivering a new container-based cloud infrastructure and be part of forming our cloud journey. Working in a team of highly capable individuals, you'll passionately drive good cloud infrastructure and security practices by designing and delivering well factored, loosely coupled infrastructure as code.
If this sounds interesting, we want to talk to you - We are expanding on its award-winning success with new products, opportunities, and partnerships. We're an InsurTech company built in the cloud, driven by excellence and data, fostering a blameless culture and autonomous teams. Platform Engineering are an approachable team, with many years of expertise and knowledge in a wide range of domains. A strong sense of teamwork, but with room to grow as individuals, learn and teach others. Have you got what it takes to help us grow during this exciting time?
As a member of the platform team, you'll be responsible for:
- Establishing good practices around infrastructure, security and software delivery.
- Building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together so communication is essential to ensure stuff is not missed.
- Advising other developer teams on cross-functional aspects which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of a Platform Engineer.
- Thinking through challenging problems in a fast paced environment, and working with amazing people to make the solutions a reality.
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience.
- Utilising the latest technologies and tools to help make life better for developers.
- Experience developing AWS based cloud infrastructure is a requirement. Ideally, you will have an understanding of core service such as ECS/Fargate, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, S3, Route53, RDS, ELB/ALB, Lambda, SNS, SQS.
- Be strong in at least one infrastructure as code language; experience in CloudFormation would be ideal.
- Be disciplined in automating everything and build testable, repeatable infrastructure, through continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling e.g. GitHub actions, Gitlab-ci, TeamCity, CircleCI.
- Experience in scripting languages to implement custom tooling. We use python to enable developers to automate, configure and deploy more efficiently in a microservice based architecture - so that would be a plus.
- Help set and drive high quality infrastructure as code standards following the same disciplined software delivery practices as the rest of the tech team. Including but not limited to: pair programming, trunk-based development, code reviews, automated test coverage wherever possible.
- Operational experience with observability practices and tooling such as logging, alerting and tracing.
- Familiarity with infrastructure components such as networking (including SDN), firewalls, DNS, and storage.
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Hybrid working
- Training budget + subscription to LinkedIn learning and Pluralsight
- Travel season ticket loan
- Social events through the year
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
Please Note: Only candidates that hold British Citizenship, ILR or Settled Status can be considered for this opportunity.