Director, Cloud Security
|Published||May 13, 2023|
**Director, Cloud Security**
+ Job Family: Digital and Technology
+ Type: Full time
+ Date Posted:Apr 28, 2023
+ Req #: JR67936
+ GA, ATLANTA
+ Delaware, Delaware
+ Indiana, Indiana
+ Virginia, Virginia
+ Vermont, Vermont
+ Massachusetts, Massachusetts
+ Tennessee, Tennessee
+ North Carolina, North Carolina
+ South Carolina, South Carolina
+ Michigan, Michigan
+ Ohio, Ohio
+ Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
+ Rhode Island, Rhode Island
+ Kentucky, Kentucky
+ Maryland, Maryland
+ Connecticut, Connecticut
+ New Jersey, New Jersey
+ Florida, Florida
+ West Virginia, West Virginia
+ Maine, Maine
+ New York, New York
+ New Hampshire, New Hampshire
**Director, Cloud Security**
The **Director, Cloud Security** will be a key leader of our cyber security team. They will work closely and partner with multiple groups to implement new features and capabilities within the identity space. Responsible for a team that will automate Identity provisioning and de-provisioning processes quickly, accurately, and securely. Mentoring associates, setting and updating policies, and working collaboratively across different organizations. Creating, owning, and maintaining product roadmaps, while implementing software development best practices across the team are the major highlights, but not limited to, the Director Cloud Security role.
**How you will make an impact:**
• Expertise and experience in all three major Clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) with both built-in native security controls and third-party offerings for securing cloud-native applications.
• Own Elevance Health's Cloud Security strategy, implementation, and operationalization across multiple business units and Cloud platforms
• Developing and implementing operational processes to drive standardization, automation, and efficiency.
• Evaluate and recommend changes to Elevance Health's Cloud security posture across multiple cloud platforms, owning and implementing solutions to any gaps.
• Produce data-based reports and dashboards based on risk for Senior Management
• Own the IAM strategy for all 3 Major cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Recommend and Validate Security controls and compliance across the enterprise.
• Coach, Mentor, and grow associates within their respective areas of expertise.
• Establish DevSecOps best practices and implement them across the enterprise.
• Manage, Lead, and evaluate the team based on goals, metrics, and clear performance expectations.
• Own and build relationships with key external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, and auditors.
• Manage multiple competing priorities to establish an order of priorities for themselves and their team.
Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of IT management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. The ability to manage across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners is strongly preferred.
**Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:**
• 5+ years of experience building and managing a medium to large team.
• 10+ years of experience as a security or cloud engineer or equivalent leadership with a minimum of 5 years in a security organization
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and large environment.
• Experience with Privileged Access solutions is a plus.
• Experience managing the delivery of full-stack technical solutions.
• Effectively lead or collaborate with cross-functional resources to manage and resolve interdependencies.
• Must be able to carry out verbal and/or written instructions.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $143,600 to $258,480.
Locations: Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remain in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
**Be part of an Extraordinary Team**
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
+ EEO Policy Statement
+ Know Your Rights
+ Pay Transparency
+ Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is anE-verify Employer (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf)
Email us [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) or call 1-877-204-7664