|Published||November 14, 2023|
Genuine Parts Company (GPC or the Company), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking Engineer-Cloud to help maintain and simplify our security programs. The position requires implementing the architecture and engineering needs identified by our cloud security leaders. In this role, you will work closely with guidance from our senior and principal team members to create solutions, innovate with new technologies, and explore new challenges.
- Develop your technical skills by assisting our senior staff to implement processes efficiently
- Support security solutions implementation and secure development while evaluating risk to manage security, scalability, and economy of cloud
- Collaborate amongst various teams on cloud security projects to improve our overall security posture
- Help create and share unique ways to solve problems
- Sustain and enhance the internal cloud testing methodologies
- Contribute to research and tool development
- Proactively stay up to date with developments in relevant technologies.
- Work collaboratively with functional groups across multiple time zones.
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a technical cloud-based role, either with external or internal customers
- Understanding of security services and features for at least one major cloud:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of containerized or server-less workloads
- Working understanding of APIs, JSON, and YAML
- Understanding and basic experience with automating tasks with a popular language
- Use of GIT version control and GIT-flow change management
- Familiarity with infrastructure management tools like Terraform or AWS
- Working understanding of popular identity management implementations
- Experience implementing access control using IAM policies and roles
- Comfortable on Linux command line or Windows terminal
- Familiar with tracking work using JIRA and Trello
- Strong desire to quickly obtain industry certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, and cloud-specific certifications
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences:
- Familiarity with data security solutions for data sensitivity, encryption, tokenization, lifecycle management
- Awareness of container technologies like Kubernetes, Istio service mesh
- Build and deployment pipeline processes like GITHub, GITLab, AWS
- CodePipeline, Cloud Build, Azure DevOps
- Functional knowledge of application security improvements like code testing, code review, error handling, jailing, chrooting
- Awareness of privacy frameworks like SOC 2, PCI, HIPAA, NIST Cybersecurity
- Framework, FedRAMP
- Working knowledge of enterprise networking such as peering, VPN, firewalls, routing, load balancing
- Disaster recovery, business continuity, snapshots, and backups
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.com or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.