|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
Principal Consultant - Central London - £80-110k
A Microsoft Gold Partner focused on the very latest in Microsoft Azure are looking to recruit a Principal level consultant to join their Data Platform team based in either Central London or Surrey.
This strong MS Gold Partner consultancy has an enviable track record of delivering innovative information solutions. They specialise in Cloud based Data Platforms, with a key focus on MS Azure, and BI / Performance Management solutions by utilising the most modern and cutting edge technologies. This allows them to provide their clients with the opportunity to take commercial advantage of both structured and unstructured data. This consultancy has seen 20 years of success and has built an enviable client portfolio setting them up to reform the market for modern data platform services. Their main focus is to help clients harness the competitive value of innovation which can be brought about through the effective use of modern cloud technologies.
The opportunity to work with the latest technology on some of the most interesting cloud projects in the UK easily makes this consultancy the employer of choice for technical professionals who seek the challenges and rewards which can be offered by consultancy. No other employer can offer the same exposure, opportunity to develop and progress, and collective rewards.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to help clients take advantage of the modern data platforms available, focusing on MS Azure. You will create information management platforms which will help enterprise clients who are able to take advantage of huge volumes of data and cloud architectures by pushing the boundaries of traditional data platforms. You will do this by leveraging cloud, open source and vendor technologies to analyse and interrogate data on a large scale. Along with this, you will also be involved in a range of pre-sales, data strategy work and hands-on technical architecture and solution delivery.
This position is a key leadership role within a company who is averaging 40% annual growth. You will be directly responsible for influencing their continued success and adoption of the latest technology in cloud, machine learning, data science and big data technologies.
Your role will be varied and challenging, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with clients to help them understand the possibilities which new and evolving data can offer them.
- Lead in the design and development of modern data platform solutions, taking advantage of a range of technologies, architectures, and methods which can be applied to large volumes of data from a range of sources (such as IOT).
- Proactively engage with clients throughout the full project lifecycle both on advisory and delivery assignments.
- Provide advice, to both clients and the leadership team, on best practice for modern data platforms, including software selection, technical architecture and implementation.
- Support pre-sales by considering solutions which will meet the client's complex requirements and needs.
- Actively lead in the on-going development of the modern data platform practice from a technical perspective.
To be a good fit for this senior position you should be a proven leader will excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with internal teams and clients alike. Your skills and expertise should include:
- Strong experience in using and designing modern data platform solutions utilisng architectural concepts spanning all aspects of PAAS colud computing and distributed parallel architecture.
- Good understanding of no-SQL database concepts.
- Strong communication and customer facing skills. You should be confident in presentation, pre-sales, writing proposals and propositions relating to business development.
- Comfortable working with CxO level clients and being challenged to prove technical concepts.
- An appreciation of infrastructure concepts which are required to support modern data platform solutions. These should include cloud-based computing, distributed file systems, grid computing and distributed databases.
- A key interest on the potential uses of cloud computing in areas such as social media, telecommunications, government, security and finance.
- Demonstrable and relevant hands-on experience.
- A development background would be beneficial.
If you think that you would be a good fit for this role then apply today, interviews are taking place next week! Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].