Project Manager – Cloud Services
|Published||March 18, 2023|
Job Details: Project Manager - Cloud Services
Full details of the job.
Vacancy NameProject Manager - Cloud Services Vacancy NoVN265 Employment TypeFull-Time LocationHarrogate Type of VacancyPermanent Job Description (external use)
Redcentric |PROJECT MANAGER - CLOUD SERVICES
CLOUD SERVICES GROUP
Senior Programme Manager
Redcentric is a leading managed service provider with a rich end-to-end solution portfolio covering the spectrum of Connectivity, Cloud, Collaboration & Security, designed and delivered by our own highly skilled teams from our privately owned, UK based multi-million pound infrastructure.
Redcentric has annualised revenues in excess of £90million, more than 500 highly skilled employees serving over 1000 customers across the UK.
With the IT landscape in constant evolution, Redcentric is built around today's modern IT challenges offering application, collaboration, infrastructure, network and IT security services. Learn more about what we do on our website.
Aim of the role:
The Project Manager will drive end to end delivery of projects to customers, maintaining communication with all stakeholders to ensure lean and successful project delivery across the full engagement lifecycle within scope, timeline and budget.
Successful project delivery
- Plan and direct the overall project of work through driving a clear vision and goals
- Be the go-to lead for the project team, customer and Redcentric management owning the requirements and management process throughout the full project life-cycle, from initiation through to live operation
- Successful commercial delivery of projects, within budget and agreed timescales
- Effective management of issues and risks ensuring that options and solutions are validated and the impacts of decisions clearly articulated and understood
- Ensuring deliverables are built to and agreed quality
- Conform to Redcentric project management standards, champion their use and contribute to their development
- Ability to lead and deliver projects via various methodologies, AGILE / SCRUM, Waterfall, Hybrid
- Contribute to and delivery relevant reporting across the Delivery and Cloud Services Group functions to internal and external parties
- Ensure accurate and effective documentation during delivery and into service
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and promotion of successful long-term customer relationships evidenced by successful on-boarding and customer retention
- Creating and retaining customer engagement throughout the whole project/engagement lifecycle
- Materially shaping the project to get the optimum outcome for all stakeholders
- Using an understanding of the customers strategic importance to Redcentric and to actively contribute to account success
- Demonstrable experience in managing 3rd parties within the engagement lifecycle
- Manage the capacity and forecasting of the project management team ensuring capability and numbers match the pipeline of approved projects
- Key contributor to pre-sales activities of relevant projects and opportunities
- Identifying and following up all new business opportunities with the customer
- Taking direction from colleagues to ensure the project is aligned with broader account strategies, however, for new customers the project manager may be the principle relationship owner with the customer
- Mentoring colleagues in project management best practice where required
- Direct experience of building, managing and developing a team
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder is expected to reasonably take on any other responsibilities required to support activities within Redcentric.
- Superior communication skills, with ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- Ability to manage communication with stakeholders at a variety of levels, and select the most appropriate method of communication
- Confidence in leading presentations, and ability to present complex ideas to a non-technical audience
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder and colleague needs and respond accordingly
- Expert experience and knowledge across various delivery and management methodologies
- Experience of working in shared service environments.
- Ability to estimate and forecast progress accurately
- Ability to translate ideas and solutions to clear tasks and models
- Experience in working across the full customer engagement lifecycle
- Ability to identify and manage risk, dependencies and constraints
- Working knowledge of design methods, models and techniques
- Awareness of business process modelling
- Experience of working on large scale projects
- Experience of leading project teams to success
- Project Management qualification or equivalent experience
- High level of self-awareness
- Pragmatism and drive to resolve problems efficiently
- Drive and determination
- Collaborates well looking for a win-win solution wherever possible
- Positive attitude and approachable nature
- Experience of Cloud technologies and associated services
- Knowledge of Software development lifecycle
- Proven experience of systems integration and implementation projects
- Evidence of taking a pro-active approach in evolving process improvements
- Knowledge and experience of working in both DevOps and SRE environments
- Experience of account and service management
The Company's standard hours of work are 9.00am - 5.30pm (3.30pm on a Friday) with one hour for lunch, however, given the nature of the role, flexibility in terms of hours worked will be required to deal with incidents as they occur.