|Date Posted||March 11, 2020|
The primary purpose of this role is engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, analysis, and administration of TradeStation's security solutions and security events. The Security Engineer will also establish procedures, and, wherever possible, automate routine day-to-day tasks to reduce operational overhead. The Engineer will act as a project security lead as a well-rounded subject matter expert in the Information Security domain. Both cloud and on-prem technologies and solutions are within scope.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in developing and maintaining a robust security and technology strategy designed to address risks associated with cloud and datacenter environments.
- Recommend, implement, configure, and maintain technical security solutions designed to protect information assets both on-prem and cloud-based
- Perform vulnerability assessments, security controls checks, and reporting
- Work with project and development teams to identify and define security requirements
- Maintain a solid knowledge of current security threats and solutions to ensure public cloud and on-prem environments are properly secured, monitored, and documented
- Work with Network and System Engineers to understand and document network control systems/equipment, network diagrams and firewall configurations
- Participate in security incident response through in-depth, technical analysis
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Recommend software, tools, and other solutions for technical challenges to address security
- Assist with other security related initiatives as they arise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience securing public cloud environments strongly preferred
- Experience working within an environment using DevOps and CI/CD strongly preferred
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Direct experience with engineering, deploying, managing and supporting various security solutions including firewalls, IDS/IPS solutions, endpoint security, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, vulnerability scanning tools, etc.
- Direct experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Familiarity with web related technologies such as web applications, web services, and service oriented architectures along with network/web related protocols
- Ability to engineer and implement public cloud security tools and techniques to ensure the ongoing security and compliance of all public cloud implementations
- Ability to actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues/ prioritizing fixes and delegating to junior technical resources appropriately
- Direct experience performing security incident response
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and tooling
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment with continuously shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate network security concepts and issues to peers and management
- Possess and maintain up-to-date understanding of emerging trends in InfoSec including research of the latest security products to combat these threats
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative in maintaining a continuous high level of professional knowledge in areas of security and risk management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or a related field with at least 3 years of experience OR 7 years of demonstrable progressive work in the information security field
- Experience with cloud security and/or emerging security technologies such as AI-based systems strongly preferred
- One or more of the following certifications strongly preferred:
- CISSP (and/or other ISC2 certifications)
- SANS GIAC certifications
- CEH, OSCP, or other penetration testing certifications
- Other industry recognized certifications or accreditations
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.