|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
A Microsoft Technical Specialists main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge. Technical Specialists (TSs) are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and engagements for salespeople to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed sales targets in your assigned accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure technologies.
As a Security & Compliance Technical Specialist (TS):
You will be the technical sales leader for Security & Compliance within your account teams.
- You will drive the advancement of Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance capabilities and support the advancement of the overall Modern Workplace portfolio, encompassing the Microsoft 365 suite and Surface devices.
- You will identify leads and work with your account teams to build the business case for Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team for Microsofts Intelligent Security Graph, Identity Protection, Threat Protection, Data Protection, Security Management and Office 365 Advanced Compliance; and will lead competitive strategy for Security & Compliance within your account teams.
- You will work with your account teams to obtain a strong understanding of each accounts governance and decision processes and the customers business & technology priorities.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrows business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision-making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI-driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping pave the way for successful implementation.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft Security & Office 365 Advanced Compliance solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer-centric ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
As a Technical Solution Leader, you'll be required to have these reponsibilities.
- Security & Compliance practitioner. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance required.
- Identity practitioner. Experienced professional conversant in cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products required.
- Security practitioner. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, including cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 preferred.
- Technical depth. Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike) required.
- Planning for success. Drive deployment and adoption planning, using Microsoft FastTrack and partners preferred.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Outstanding written & verbal communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and deep technical product demo skills required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from both successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others benefit required.
For thisposition specifically
- You willcover 9 Japanese companies and those child companies in EMEA, so frequent business trips across EMEA and some overseas travels to such as Japan, United Stated or Australia through the year are required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Experience. 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration preferred.
- Certification in the following preferred: CEH, CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
- Experience or understandings related to Japanese culture or business are preferred, like work experience in Japan or in Japanese companies, or skills of speaking, reading, and writing in Japanese.