|Published||January 21, 2023|
Google Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location: Swansea, UK (Hybrid)
The opportunity of a lifetime
Are you someone who is keen to learn new things? Do you want to take your existing skill set and apply it to a new, growing, in-demand technology?
We are currently recruiting experienced software development professionals to cross-train as GCP DevOps Engineers, and subsequently place at our client, an innovative start-up organisation in the technology sector providing professional services and digital solutions for property developers and investors. This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation, and create a real impact by becoming part of their unique journey.
Why Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
Although a relatively new player in the field, Google Cloud already holds one-tenth of the global cloud market share and offers fantastic career opportunities for tech professionals. There is growing demand for Google Cloud services as digital transformation accelerates, and Google Cloud's focus on innovation will bring huge opportunities for technology professionals to further develop their skills.
As a world-leading cloud talent creation expert, we're committed to helping people just like you become the best Google Cloud professionals in the world.
If you take this opportunity, you'll learn everything you need to know to become an expert in GCP, in an instructor-led group surrounded by your peers.
Next, you'll sit your certification exams. We fund all cloud certifications and have an industry-leading 83% first-time certification pass rate - so you don't need to worry about any exam or resit costs!
Once you're a certified GCP DevOps Engineer, we'll place you with one of our market-leading clients where you'll work as part of their in-house expert team. This will give you that all-important hands-on experience you'll need to stand out in the GCP hiring crowd.
As part of this incredible, two-year opportunity, you'll receive:
• Fully funded Google Cloud certifications and paid training (a full salary from day one!)
• Specialist training with a focus on practical application of your new skill set
• World-class consultancy skills training
• A paid work placement with one of our market-leading clients
As a trained Google Cloud DevOps Engineer, your role could involve:
• Planning, configuring, deploying, and operating a cloud solution
• Configuring access and security
• Performing common, platform-based tasks to maintain deployed solutions
• Delivering proof of concepts (POC) for new solutions on the cloud
Plus, we'll also equip you with a tailored learning and development plan, and your very own personal success coach who will work with you throughout your two years with us.
What we are looking for
To apply for this program, you'll need:
• Ideally, full-stack development experience, though front/back-end will also be considered
• Experience having worked on at least one full application development lifecycle
• Exposure to or experience with infrastructure (Linux, databases etc.)
Plus, attitude is key. We're looking for someone adaptable and resilient, who's invested in their growth and passionate about taking their career to the next level. Someone who wants to make a real difference to the organisation they're working for, with a keen sense of social responsibility.
You'll also need to be:
• Willing to commit to a minimum of two years working with Revolent, post-training (with the possibility of converting to the client's permanent headcount, following the successful completion of your work placement)
• Able to commute to Swansea in Wales
• Able to attend an industry conference in Swansea on 20 - 21 March, 2023
• Available to start training on 16 March, 2023
This is a hybrid role with a mix of office-based and remote work. Successful applicants will be required to travel to our client's office in Swansea at their request for 2-3 days a week, although the client is prepared to be flexible for people who live further afield or have personal commitments that prevent them from commuting frequently.
As part of our two-year training program, we offer a competitive salary, company benefits, and the opportunity to gain experience working with fantastic clients.
You will also receive:
• 22 days paid annual leave (plus 8 days bank holidays), and 3% pension contribution
• Comprehensive, fully funded training to become a Google Cloud DevOps Engineer
• Google Certified Cloud Digital Leader certification
• Google Certified Associate Cloud Engineer certification
• Extensive consultancy skills training
• Support to gain further certifications during your journey with us
• A professional development plan tailored to your career goals and professional aspirations
• Access to mentoring and support programs and networking opportunities
• Charity experience with Revols for Good: volunteering opportunities with our charity partners
We help people launch incredible new careers in the cloud. Our career programs help professionals like you to cross-train into a specialist and in-demand technology like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Salesforce.
By joining Revolent, you'll gain access to a global community with one of the highest first-time cloud certification pass rates in the world. You'll learn in an expert instructor-led environment, surrounded by your peers, with a focus on practical, hands-on experience. You'll be given a career development plan that is tailored to your career aspirations, as well as your own personal success coach. That's our promise to each and every individual (or 'Revol') that joins us.
We're also committed to giving back to the ecosystem we believe in. We support a diverse range of causes all around the world, allowing our Revols to gain extra experience by helping charities that need them most. Want to find out more about Revolent? Visit our website or check out the reviews of our cross-training program on Glassdoor.
Nigel Frank - Revolent Talent Acquisition is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.