SRE Cloud Engineer
|Published||May 22, 2023|
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
- Building our global platforms across multiple Clouds environments and different regions using technology like Councource-CI, Terraform, Rugby
- Working with the development teams to diagnose application and system design performance, reliability and security issues.
- Enhancing and supporting a build framework for continuous integration and continuous deployment, and platform automation
- Ensuring underlying infrastructure runs efficiently and the systems and tools are working to minimise downtime.
- Ability to work on incidents and determine the root cause to ensure it doesn't happen again.
- Work across different teams, mainly operations and development teams.
- Ability to build tools for automation to manage IT operations
What you'll bring
- Ability to write codes (Ruby and Terraform), automate processes, and improve the reliability of systems.
- An excellent knowledge of working with AWS Database and services serverless services such as ECS and IOT
- Good knowledge of Ruby and the ability to create clean Terraform modules.
- Ability to investigate incidents in large-scale infrastructure and identify the root cause
- Hands on deployment experience with Docker and Kubernetes and/or similar technologies, with strong CICD
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub
- Strong Linux Skill
- Experienced presenting and communicating the architecture in a visual form.
Ground-breaking projects. Innovative tech. Top innovation. Join our UK&I Technology team and you'll work across technology projects that drive our TV, broadband, mobile and Sky Connect services. You'll be at the heart of delivering the technology roadmaps that support our UK and Ireland businesses, with a focus on customer innovations for Sky Glass. That's not all. You'll also design, develop and deliver digital services for millions of customers across the UK.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.